A tooth can sustain different kinds of injuries that may necessitate a dental crown. But thanks to state-of-the-art equipment, this type of restoration can be done in just one appointment.
What is a CEREC crown?
A CEREC crown is a porcelain prosthesis made using computer-aided technology. The main difference between a CEREC crown and a traditional crown is production time. Unlike lab-made restorations, CEREC crowns are made on site. This means that in just one appointment, we can prep the damaged tooth, make the prosthesis and install it.
How is the crown made?
- The damaged tooth is prepped
- A 3D camera is used to make the impressions
- The crown is modelled on the computer
- The model is sent to the milling station
- The crown is made from a block of pure ceramic
We’ve been proudly offering our patients CEREC technology since 1999, resulting very high quality, beautiful and durable restorations in just one appointment.